Saturday, January 28, 2012

Reasons for this Blog

So for awhile now, I've felt the urge to start a blog as an outlet to just write down all these thoughts in my head. I guess the best place to start is a simple (or my attempt at being simple) introduction.

I'm currently 23 years old, and a second year student at a medical school in NY (hence the douche-y picture, but I swear I'm not a douche in real life). I recently came out (right after graduating college, and before starting med school) and I guess I really can't complain too much about life (other than school of course).

The reason why I named my blog this way, is because I feel like there are a number of words that can fill that blank, and I don't really have one that works perfectly. If it was solely based on identity, I would have put Korean America, Christian, or Gay, but it was hard to choose just one. It it was based on personality, I would have put outgoing, ambitious, humorous, and stubborn, but again, it would be impossible to just choose one. If it was based on what type of medical student I am....well let's just avoid that because I think that changes everyday based on how lazy or motivated I feel. So after careful consideration, I just left it blank, and I guess people can decide for themselves what that blank should be.

What exactly am I planning to write here? I actually don't have a clue. I guess it's hard to just come up with one theme. I feel like the possibilities are endless: growing up as an illegal immigrant, enduring endless economic hardships, coming to terms with my sexuality, growing as a Christian, struggling as a gay Christian, things I'm learning in medical school (and in life), etc. Hopefully these topics are not boring, and even if they are, I still need to write them down.

I'm hoping that a few years down the line, I'm able to see growth and maturity if i ever get a chance to read through my posts. I'm also hoping to learn things from fellow bloggers, learning from those who lead very different lives from me, and encountering those who share similarities.

I used to have a separate blog, and am also very active on facebook, but it's been difficult not being able to post anything that is gay related, but I am, unfortunately, not out to my parents and am trying to avoid family friends learning about my "other" life. Hopefully, one day, I will be able to be open about everything. Until then, I'll write things here.

1 comment:

  1. Meant to say "Hi" a while back when you commented on a post of mine. Sub-I's are rather hectic . . .

    ReplyDelete