Friday, March 16, 2012

Match Day!

So today is Match Day! At noon, all the fourth years found out where they will be doing their residencies for the next couple of years. It's basically the one day that everyone in med school (including myself) looks forward to because it is the time when all the hard work during school pays off. Even though my own match day is still two years away (cannot wait!) it was still exciting to see the fourth years and their families celebrate. There were some amazing matches: plastics at ucsf, peds at children's hospital in penn, a lot of yale, etc. It also got me a littleee worried because looking at the list, I also saw that a lot of people ended up at stony brook or nearby hospitals. I mean I think it's fine if people wanted to end up here, but I know for a fact that I cannot stay at stony brook or near here for residency. I just need some city life. So I guess when the time comes, I know I won't apply or rank residencies at places I really don't want; I'd rather take a year off and increase my chances for the following year. I guess I should start working a lot harder to get where I want to be in the future.
Anyways, congrats to the class of 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment