Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Excited for next year!

Even though I still have 2 more months of second year left, and an 8 hour exam to take in June (ahh), I am definitely looking forward to next year (third year). We received our rotation schedules for next year and I got the exact order I wanted: pediatrics, internal medicine (with ambulatory), electives (hopefully anesthesiology and emergency medicine), surgery, psychiatry, neurology, and ob/gyn. I'll also be living at home (or close to home) which will be the first time since high school to do so. I was able to get most of my sites at hospitals near my house back home, and I figured it would be a nice way to save money (i can take out less loans now). I just hope I don't butt heads with my parents too much, but I figure I'll be in the hospital 10-12 hours everyday so I'll rarely see them anyways.

It does still scare me that I have no idea what specialty I want to go into, but I hear everyone figures it out in third year, and I guess I have a general sense of what interests me. I do know I will not be going into peds, ob/gyn (which is why i am starting and ending third year with them), and psych, but the other specialties still interest me.

I'm also hoping living at home, closer to the city, will be able to spark my dating life. It is seriously so difficult to meet anyone out here in LI, and even though I'll be busy with third year, it's nice to know that I'll be able to meet more guys in the city (well I'm hoping I'll be able to anyways).

But yea, I am getting ahead of myself, and I still have the boards exams to take (and hopefully rock, although the idea of failing scares me everyday).

3 comments:

  1. thanks! i'm gonna need a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANESTHESIOLOGY ROCKS!! Seriously, if peds didn't match my life philosophy, I'd switch to anesthesiology in a heartbeat.

    Emergency med is a more love it/hate it kind of field, from what I've heard. You'll also see all the other specialties hating on EM because it gives them more work to do (and a hospital can be quite hectic).

    ReplyDelete