Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'm alive!

Wow I realized that I haven't written here in a longgg time. Somehow it's already the second week of July =O.
I don't even know where to begin to update everyone (yes, the many many people who read this haha). I'll just try to break it down by topic?

School
I'm finally a fourth year! I'm currently on my sub-internship right now, which basically means I act like an intern but I still don't get paid and I'm still getting evaluated haha. I'm having a lot of fun though cause I have a lot more responsibilities, like putting in orders for patients. It's pretty tiring though, cause I'm working 12+ hours a day and 6 days a week, including holidays! Just 3 more weeks to go....
I'm definitely nervous about applying to residencies. I don't wanna shoot for the stars too much, but I definitely want to go to a top medicine program, which is gonna take some luck. I feel like I did pretty well my third year (got all honors except for a high pass in surgery) but so do a lot of other third years, especially the ones in my class applying to internal med like me. I guess most of the things are out of my control now and I have to hope that I somehow get interviews.

Dating (?) Life
So I think last time I was all worried about contracting HIV, and I got tested since then, with negative results (thank the lord!). I also ended up dating an awesome guy for a short time but due to differences in where we were in life (I'm still in med school, he's a millionaire who had lots of free time) and because of the fact that I had so little time with school. I'm also beginning to think I suck at being in a relationship. I guess I'm just not the type of guy who needs to text/call someone I like every day to see how they're doing. Is that because I haven't found someone I really like? Or am I just a heartless bastard? bleh. So yea, for now, I am very much single, and focusing a lot more on school (not like I have a choice)

Fitness
Even though I've been busy with school/rotations, I've definitely made it a priority to go to the gym. I get up at like 430 to go to the gym before I go into the hospital. Might sound crazy, but I know that if I get into the routine of not going to the gym, it would be really hard for me to start again. I'm still having trouble with gaining mass but oh well, at least I'm not becoming a couch potato and gaining bad weight. It's probably cause I haven't been able to eat much, as evidenced by the fact that my stomach always growls during rounds haha. Here's a pic I took last week (yes, I know it's douche-y but I like to document my progress, or lack thereof).


Alright I think that's enough updates for now, I'm gonna take another nap cause it's my day off. Actually it's time for me to watch tennis for hours cause I'm obsessed and haven't been able to watch a single match all week. I'll do my best to post more often!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It's so nice to hear from you again, a number of us wondered what had happened these many months. Thanks for the update.

    Like so many things in life, you can wish for certain outcomes, but grab ahold of whatever opportunities become available and make the best of the situation. You may not get your top choice of residency programs but don't let that disappoint you; you still can make a difference where ever you go. And you can always move programs later on in your career.

    As for your fitness program, you are looking great! I'm looking forward to future updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot to mention, I love your haircut. I've always liked guys with short hair, not buzz cuts, but short on the side and in back. It really works for you. I bet you look smashing in your doctor's outfits.

      Delete
  2. i figured you got sucked into the med student world again. time for all that crazy 4th year shit, good luck with that. your body still looks great, i can tell you put on a little more muscle/tone from the last ones you posted. what weight are you cutting these days? don't worry about us...douche pictures welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yea and you need to give us more details about this millionaire you were dating for a second....

      Delete
    2. To our other favorite blogging gay doctor -- when are you going to give us an update with you? It's me, FoC. You are playing hard to get, I have to follow you to another blog to talk with you. :-)

      Delete
  3. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/09/13/221043643/treating-kids-cancer-with-science-and-a-pocket-full-of-hope

    A story to inspire you as you start your medical career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the article! I'm leaning a lot towards heme/onc these days so I'm hoping I can make an impact on the adult population too

      Delete